Sunday, October 2, 2016

9 Days to New Release...I'm growing gray hairs as we speak

I can't tell you how much I LOVE my new book GIRL IN THE WATER. And I'm holding my breath until I hear back from readers. There are books that I struggle over, wrestle with each decision, write a chapter then delete a chapter. The book I'm working on now, the third installment of the Hardstorm Saga is like that. GIRL IN THE WATER wasn't.

About three years ago, sitting on Rehoboth Beach in Delaware with my sister, I had the first chapter of a book pop into my head--a young woman in dire straits in the Amazon rain forest. I wrote it down--authors never go anywhere without a notebook, not even the beach--then read it out loud on the spot to my sister who loved it as much as I did. (Getting funny looks from people sunbathing around us.) And then...NOTHING. I LOVED Daniela. I LOVED the setting. I knew she had a wonderful, epic adventure that I must tell, but I didn't know what it was. My muse sent me one chapter that I was completely in love with, and then not one more word. So I moved on to other stories.

Then three years go by, I'm up with insomnia one night, and the rest of GIRL IN THE WATER comes to me at around three in the morning. The whole book. I started typing and had the first draft in about six days. I was too afraid of stopping and losing the flow.

This book was not in my schedule for 2016, but I couldn’t turn away from Daniela and Ian. I don’t think I’ve ever written a more mismatched couple, with more scars, more in need of redemption, who somehow, against all odds, are perfect for each other.

I might have written the first draft in six days, but then I spent another four month editing, going through every sentence, every word, to make sure I got it right. I hope I did. Please let me know what you think, once you read it.

https://www.amazon.com/Girl-Water-Dana-Marton-ebook/dp/B01LW3QXT4

P.S.: For my new giveaway, click on the CONTEST tab at www.DanaMarton.com

No comments: